Role: Data Scientist
SGA's Data Analytics (DA) team requires enthusiastic Data scientist who can use all the available tools in the market and experience in data science and predictive analytics to solve complex problems. Leverage experience in usage of tools and technologies like, SQL, Python, PySpark, etc. to Extract transform and prepare large scale datasets from various data source systems. Employ the appropriate algorithms or methods to discover patterns, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to optimize business processes. Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate methodologies and results. Draw relevant inferences and insights from data including, identification of trends and anomalies. Work closely with internal/external stakeholders such as business teams, product managers, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area.
What you will be responsible for -
• Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
• Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
• Creating complex data processing and analysis pipelines, as part of the overall project goal
• Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
• Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems
• Present information using data visualization techniques
• Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
• Develop and test models and analytics frameworks using appropriate tools and technologies and deploying the same in the production environment
• Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by the team
What you should have -
• 2+ years of overall industry experience specifically in social media analytics
• 2+ years of experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
• Broad experience building different types of advanced analytic solutions, including some of the following: time series analysis, cluster analysis, tree based algorithms, generalized linear models, text analytics or neural networks.
• A Data enthusiast with a practice of approaching problems in a mathematical manner. We would prefer candidates who can code their algorithms and can simulate their validity.
• Experience in SQL Databases: SQL server, MySQL, Redshift, Access etc..
• Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
• Highly skilled at data extraction and manipulation using Python along with automation and function-based code creation
• Familiarity with DevOps systems, such as GitLab
• Understanding the concepts of API and their integration with any coding language
• Database architecture,maintainance and usage of Redshift
• Interest to learn and improve all rounded skill set all the time
• Masters in quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Artificial Intelligence;
• 2+ years of hands on experience with statistical software tools Python, R
• 2+ years experience in business analytics, forecasting or business planning with emphasis on analytical modeling, quantitative reasoning and metrics reporting preferably from an internet environment
• 2+ years of writing strong SQL queries in a high volume database environment
• Demonstrate understanding and experience with relational data sets, data warehouses, data mining and data analysis techniques.
• Compelling communication and influencing skills and participation in winning the support of client and influence the course of major strategic decisions
SG Analytics is a leading provider of data-centric research and contextual analytics services globally to companies across BFSI, Media & Entertainment, Technology & Healthcare sectors including Fortune 500 companies.
The company has presence across 7 locations in the USA, Switzerland, the UK and India (Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore)
Company size : 700+ employees
Headquarters : Pune, Maharashtra
Founded in 2006
Specialties : ESG Consulting, Equity & Fixed Income Research, Corporate Finance & Valuation, Market Research, Market Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Governance & Management, Data Science, AI/ML, Customer Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Sales Analytics, Competitive Intelligence , Intelligent Automation, RPA, Quality Engineering, and Business Consulting
At SG Analytics, we understand our clients’ businesses. We offer research and analytics services that deliver holistic rather than just functional solutions. Our contextual understanding of our clients’ businesses, data and sector expertise help us provide actionable, ‘differentiated’ insights to our clients helping them scale faster and develop new products and bring them to the market faster.
Awarded the ‘Regional Best Employer’ by the world HRD Congress in 2016 & 2018, SG Analytics’ collegial atmosphere and knowledge-based ecosystem help to consistently meet and exceed customer expectations.